Opioids in Medicine:
Improving Pain Management in the Midst of Crisis
ICOO 2020 features top thought leaders who will share their latest research and real world knowledge in the evolving paradigm of opioids in medicine.
Among the many topic areas covered at ICOO 2020:
- The latest trends in the clinical application of opioids in pain management
- The use of opioid stewardship programs to optimize pain management and reduce risk
- Patient Selection for Use of Opioids to Treat Pain; Detecting Abuse, Diversion and Addiction
- Opioid Management in the midst of an opioid crisis for chronic pain patients
- Updates on FDA Approvals: Abuse Deterrent Opioid Formulations and Their Applications
- Tapering Patients Off Opioids
- Alternatives to Opioid Therapy for Pain
- Treatment of Co-Morbid Conditions, e.g. Addiction and Bipolar Disorder and Addiction
- Patient Selection and Use of Opioids to Treat Pain in Patients with Comorbid Addiction
- Use of Opioids in Chronic Non-Cancer Patients as well as Cancer Survivors
- Opioid Education for Prescribers – Does it work?
- Opioid Rotation and Titration – Best Practices
- Opioid Management and Access for Palliative Care Patients
- Rethinking Medication Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder
- Medical Marijuana and Opioids
- And Much More!
Why should you attend?
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, as the clinical use of opioids has risen over the past two decades, opioid-associated harm has risen in parallel. We must find a balance in the use of these powerful medications that supports their valuable role in healing while avoiding harm. This intensive 2+ day program led by renowned specialists is designed to inform primary care physicians, pain specialists, pharmacists and others with new data and essential information in the best practices, abuses and legal ramifications of opioids.
- 94% of attendees at ICOO 2019 said the conference increased their competence
- 87% of attendees at ICOO 2019 said the conference will improve their performance
Register today and be an active participant in the future of opioids! Register online now!
We have secured dates for ICOO2021 in Boston at the George Sherman Union at Boston University. The dates are June 12, 2021 – Tuesday, June 15, 2021.
The Call for Papers for ICOO2021 will open in late September.
Our sincere appreciation to all who have shown their willingness to participate in ICOO2020 and for your understanding in this unsettling time.
For more information, please contact us at 781-899-2702.
Mary Lynn McPherson, PharmD, MA, MDE, BCPS, Conference Co-chair
Richard A. DeVito, Jr., CEO
Michael J. Glynn, Conference Director