Call for Presentations, Symposia and Posters
Updated November 1, 2020
UPDATE ICOO2020 Virtual Edition
We would like to continue to support the broader healthcare community
and bring forth those great presentations that were scheduled for ICOO2020. To that end
we have reopened the Call for Presentations, Posters and Satelite Symposia.
Journal of Opioid Management will hold its ninth annual International Conference On Opioids (ICOO2020) virtually in 2020. The virtual version will be available for a minimum of two months. This will allow to learn from leaders in the field and learn at your own pace. Presenters, we have opened the Call for Presentations, Posters, Satellites and they will be reviewed and accepted real time. Details below.
Expanding on the success of our past conferences, this unique forum will be comprised of renowned specialists in all aspects of opioids. This includes basic science, neurology, clinical application, pharmacology, pharmacogenetics, public health, opioid addiction, ethics, legal and compliance.
The program is designed to enlighten healthcare providers with new data, essential information, and best practices every medical professional needs to know when prescribing opioid analgesics.
The ICOO2020 Program Committee invites proposals representing all areas of opioid research, treatment, ethics, opioid abuse and addiction. Proposals from individuals and panels are accepted. Multidisciplinary panels are encouraged and include perspectives from physicians, nurses, psychologists, basic scientists, pharmacists, etc. Moderators should seek participation from a varied group of faculty with a maximum of four participants per proposal. Proposals that include both basic and clinical science are encouraged.
ICOO 2020 Program Committee suggests the following partial list of topics for submission:
- Best Practices in Opioid Prescription: Dosing, OIH and, Opioid Rotation
- Basic Science Research in Opioids and Opioid Pharmacology
- Current Topics on Opioid REMS
- Interventional Pain Management Opioid Techniques
- Inequalities in Pain Experience and Pain Management
- Clinical Practice Guidelines for Opioids
- Ethical Issues in the Use of Opioids
- Legal, Regulatory, and Public Health Issues of Prescribing Opioids
- Abuse and Addiction Issues and Opioids
- Opioids in Acute Pain
- Perioperative Pain Management
- Specific Acute Surgical Pain Management
- Pain Management for Cancer Survivors
- Pain Management in Opioid Addicted Patients
- Use of Opioids in Chronic Non-Cancer Patients as well as Cancer Survivors
- Abuse Deterrent Opioid Formulations and Their Applications
- Tapering Patients Off Opioids – Advanced Cases
- Treatment of Co-Morbid Conditions, e.g. Addiction and Bipolar Disorder; Addiction and ADHD
- Patient Selection for Use of Opioids to Treat Pain; Detecting Abuse, Diversion, and Addiction
- Long Term Opioid Use and Its Effect on Adrenal Insufficiency
- Use of Buprenorphine for Treatment of Pain.
- Interpretation of Urine Drug Screen Results
- Medical Marijuana and Opioids
Proposals for previously presented or published work may not be submitted to ICOO2020 without modification. Original work must be changed or expanded, resulting in a new proposal. Due to CME rules, presentations for the accredited portions of ICOO2020 submitted by employees of a commercial interest* will not be accepted.
Presentation proposals are accepted – ONGOING – New Presentations will be reviewed by the conference committee added as accepted.
Poster abstract submissions are accepted – ONGOING – Posters will be reviewed and accepted as submitted.
All oral presentations or posters accepted and presented at ICOO2020 Virtual will have the presentation or poster title, abstract, authors’ and presenters’ names, and date of presentation published in a issue of Journal of Opioid Management following the conference. The supplement or article with the complete listing will include a DOI for referencing.
Please note that the moderator is required to include a complete standard format Disclosure and Content Validation Form as part of the submission. Additionally, moderators should contact the speakers named on the proposal to notify them of their inclusion in the submission and to remind them to complete their disclosure information and ensure it is submitted with your abstract submission form.
A complete proposal submission should include the following:
- Presentation Title
- A Short Description of the presentation, its need and rationale for your topic at the ICOO 2020 conference.
- Abstract text of 200 words, including information about each presenter’s contribution to the presentation.
- Background/importance of research topic with succinct description
- Procedures/Data/ Observations
- Educational Goals, Objectives and Outcomes of Presentation
- Five (5) questions for a post conference test
- Moderator and/or presenter information, including disclosures, bio and picture. Presenter’s bio (250-300 words) should include both educational and professional achievements. Bio provided will be published in the program guide and used to introduce speakers. Picture must be high-res .jpg file for printed program.
Submission Details: To submit all proposals, please ICOOVIRTUAL_Abstract_Submission_Form.
Content Validation Form: All presenters need to submit this ICOO2020_Disclosure_Content_Validation_Form.
Poster presenters who wish to be considered for the Top Three Posters awards need to complete the same .
Email your forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. For assistance contact us at 781-899-2702, ext 103, 108, 114 from 9 am – 4 pm EST.
Presentation submissions deadline – atleast December 15th, 2020 (OPEN)
Presentation and symposia decision – ONGOING
Presentation and symposia notification – ONGOING (OPEN).
Poster abstract submission deadline – ONGOING (OPEN)
Poster decision and notification date – within 2 weeks of submission
Final Presentation slides due for CME content review – Within 2 weeks of acceptance.
*A commercial interest is any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients.
Thank you for your support of this important conference!
Proposal Notification: Applicants will be within two weeks of submission regarding selection of their proposals. All presenters will receive complimentary conference registration. Other details and terms of participation will be communicated to speakers upon acceptance of their proposal.
Presentation Times: Presentations are scheduled to take place virtually as recorded session. Comments and feedback between attendees and presenters will be managed via an email based talk-back system. Symposia sessions are 15-60 minutes in length. Panel presentations involving multiple presenters will be given additional time.
Presentation Materials: PowerPoint slides are required of all speakers. Handout materials including articles, references, etc. are welcomed of all speakers. The session moderator will be expected to assist ICOO Program Committee in the collection and organization of all presentation slides and handout materials. Final presentation materials will include a MP4 video file, Powerpoint presenation file and any associated handouts.
Poster Details: Poster submissions may be previously presented. Posters must include the Powerpoint file and/or final high-resolution PDF file of the poster. Poster presentations may include a MP4 video file or MP3 audio file if the presenters wish to create a video or audio presentation of their poster. Posters will be published in an issue of the Journal of Opioid Management following the conference. Poster presenters are required to register and attend the conference during the poster presentation sessions.
Top Three Posters Presented: The top three posters selected by the ICOO 2020 Program Committee will be designated as such on the ICOO Virtual website.